Do I need to hire a pest control company?
Pests and rodents pose a threat to not only the structure of your home but also the health of those living inside of it. Rodent’s droppings carry a host of diseases, can cause both allergy and asthma symptoms, particularly in children, and their constant gnawing can damage areas of your home including walls and floor boards and insulation. Rodents have even been known to cause house fires from chewing on electrical wires in the home! Read more about Why Rodents Are a Danger to Health and Home.
Addressing pest problems with do-it-yourself measures may be OK if you have a simple pest problem. However, there are many pests that pose serious health concerns, present a real threat to the structure of your home and some that, if not treated in a timely and correct manner, will turn into a full blow infestation resulting in expensive strategies to control. Another problem occurs if you don’t properly identify the pest at hand and mistake a termite for a flying ant then your home can sustain ongoing damage. Pesticides, rodenticides and termiticides, when used properly, are excellent tools to keep our homes protected from the threat of pests and keep those living inside healthy. However, when applied incorrectly or exposed to children or animals they can result in serious health consequences.
What are your “environmentally sound alternatives?”
Our pest professionals follow strict Integrated Pest Management (IPM) standards meaning we:
- Thoroughly inspect for the pest at hand.
- Properly identify a pest before treating.
- Use a targeted treatment to control the pest problem.
For those sensitive accounts or those who request alternative treatments, we offer state-of-the-art, low toxicity materials that pose very little threat to people, pets or property. Ask about how we can treat your home with an alternative product today!
I have a whole bunch of pests and a lot of them. Do you have a solution?
Our Home Protection Plan offers year round control of those pests most common to our service area. We begin with a thorough inspection determining the exact pests that are a problem in your home or business. We then create a barrier of control around the perimeter of the structure to keep pests out! If you have an infestation from a pest not covered under our Home Protection Plan we can work with you on a treatment specific to the pest at hand.
How long do I have to leave the premises?
Because we use low toxicity chemicals, you can usually stay home during the treatment. Flea and spider treatments require you to leave for 2-3 hours. Roaches, ants, mice, termites, and just about everything else can be taken care of while you are present.
What about pets and children?
Children need to leave during the treatment and may return 2-3 hours after completion. We ask that during treatments, you either put your pets in a room that is not being treated or remove them from the structure until the materials we have used are dry. Fish tanks need to be covered.
Do the chemicals you use have a real bad odor?
Another great benefit of low toxicity chemicals is virtually odorless pest control. No longer do you need to be reminded that you received extermination by a nasty, lingering odor.
Do you guarantee your work?
We stand behind all of our work. Should any problems arise within a reasonable amount of time after the completion of the job, we will return and retreat at no extra charge, completely hassle-free.
How do I know what Pest Control Company to Choose?
1. Ask someone you know who has used pest control service. Inquire about the type of pest problem encountered and how satisfied were they with the service.
2. Look for a pest control professional that has been in business for a long period of time that has membership in the national, state or local pest control associations.
3. Before work begins, reach a complete understanding of your expectations. The professional should find out what the pest is, explain how the problem will be treated, the expected length of treatment, and the anticipated results.
4. Look for a pest company that guarantees their services.
5. Buy for value, not for price. At times, the least expensive price may not be a bargain.
6. Finally, check your local Better Business Bureau to see if complaints have been filed against the company you are considering.
Call us now on 888-249-6633 to arrange an inspection today.