Next week is Rodent Awareness Week so we wanted to share a few strategies for Rodent Proofing your home.
- Check both the inside and outside of the home for cracks or crevices, and seal any openings with caulk, steel wool, or both. Pay special attention to areas where utilities and pipes enter the home.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from the home and five feet off the ground. Keep shrubbery and tree branches cut back from the house.
- Keep basements and attics clear and store boxes off of the floor. Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Keep food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly.
Take Rodent Infestations Seriously
Rodents are known to carry illnesses and bacteria, and a buildup of their droppings can worsen asthma and allergy symptoms. They have been known to chew through drywall, insulation, wood and electrical wiring, increasing the potential risk for fires in your home.
If you have seen mice and rodents indoors, call RM Termite and Pest Control today for a FREE Rodent Exclusion Inspection. Our expert technicians will solve your rodent problem and take corrective actions to help stop them from getting inside.